Welcome to the Pocono Northeast RC&D Website!
Using Warm Season Grasses for Heat Showing Success
· The average home will use 4 to 6 tons of pellets for heat
· It takes 20 years to grow a tree and about 70 days to grow a field of grass
· Wood pellets have 1% ash grass; pellets have 4% ash
· Wood pellets have about 8500 btu / lb; grass pellets have about 8000 btu / lb
· Grass pellets burn best in a multi-fuel stove
· Grass pellets are CO2 neutral
· Grass pellet conversion efficiency for energy-out/ energy-in is estimated at 14:1
· Purchase heating appliances made for grass or modify existing ones to address potential corrosion issues.
This page is under construction - almost finished.
Renewable Energy & Clean Water Photos:
Sustaining Members Needed
PNERCD has been in operation for forty years, carrying out many, many environmentally-related projects. Some recent examples of those include: Conservation Reserve Enhanced Program (CREP), Consortium for Scientific Assistance to Watersheds (CSAW), Fuels for Schools, Storm Water Management Workshop, Mobile Pelletizer Project, Benton School District Biomass Heating System, Native Grasses for Energy, Orchard Limestone Drain Project, Dry Hydrant Project, Rain Barrel Project, Rural Well Revolving Loan Fund, to name a few.
In 2011, the Council lost its Federal funding which had been the major source of income for us, even though we are a private, non-profit charitable organization. We have adapted and continue to do and develop important environmental programs.
We continue to seek and obtain government grants and contracts, but they always leave a portion of our costs uncovered.
Now is the time for funding from private sources to fill the need. So, we are asking for support from foundations, businesses and individuals to keep our programs and solutions going.
Registration Information on PNERCD
The official registration and financial information Pocono Northeast Resource Conservation & Development Council may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. PNERC&D is a registered 501 (c)3 organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible in accordance with law. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Department of State by calling toll free, within Pennsylvania, at 1-800-732-0999. PNERC&D is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Join our mailing list today!